Energy Blast Energy Blast

It's got funk all right! Personally I'd either bring the octave up on the bass or redesign it to have a little more solid tone. Hearing the somewhat floppy waveform of the low bass is weird, but it could also be viewed as stylish. You high range melodic lines are lovely and clearing some of the empty noise off the bass would really help them shine.

Romwell responds:

Thanks for the informative comment! I'm trying to play with the bass now, but somehow I like it less if it's an octave higher or less floppy/buzzy, or it starts to sound dull on my reference speakers. I'll play with filters today. Don't know if I'll figure out how to really improve this one, but will take note for the future :)

The wait The wait

Hah it'd probably be easier to just sneak into the music division again. Your sense of rubato and time show a lot of potential. As a cinematic piece, if it were produced it would be good. But looking further, as a piece on it's own it could benefit highly from a stronger link between the harmony /melody. there's a lot of texture to be explored there, but so far it looks great!

Phisolophe313 responds:

Thanks for the review, I appreciate it.

I never composed a piece on piano yet, I only improvise when there's one around. I agree with you on the link between harmony and melody, if I were to make a composition with it I would definitely change two or three things about it. I'd even add new layers to it if I had the opportunity to produce it. But the thing is, I'm not really good at mixing. All I can do is play. If you have suggestions thought, I'd be happy to hear them!

I'm glad you enjoyed my stuff!

wasp wasp

I like the idea and the progression is very easy to follow, but sometimes too easy. I think a little rhythmic flare would suit the piece very well, each layer can introduce a new idea on the syncopation. This is of course a little annoying to do while quantizing sometimes, but it's worth it. nice chips

Low Eyed Low Eyed

A lot of times your light pitch 'gliss' works very well, but I would avoid approaching each word the same way. There could be a little more variation with both the beat and the voice, but what's there so far is solid!

ABRYZ responds:

thanks man i will take that to consideration! i kinda felt the same way.

Glocken Glocken

It's a good sound, I like the emphasis on the semi melodic lines, I think your light bass in the background could afford to come out for a little variation, and to keep the overall range interesting.

EgyChord&Static Shockwave EgyChord&Static Shockwave

In my opinion the generic leads dilute the quality, but it's still a decent electro quality

Demo Song Demo Song

It's basically good enough to be considered house, all you gatta do is upgrade the sounds

Wandering Wandering

haha I really didn't expect to be hearing another one of your pieces so soon! I thought it was just RF's when I clicked on it and as I listened I thought 'this sounds similar' and I recognized your style immediately. I suppose some of the shared musical lines contributed to that, but you should be satisfied that your character really shines through! Very creative as usual ^^
-Kora

Moving plates Moving plates

This is mixed much better than your previous audio posts so good work! The pitch is kinda wonky feeling and most obvious in the brass. I assume at least a degree of this is intentional, but for some people this can throw off the moment. It is a little muddied overall, which much of is due to the mixing quality, however also in the instrumentation. This piece is meant to be thick, but that's better achieved from well produced tone rather than multitude of mediocre samples. Overall though I think your pieces have much to offer for those looking for cinematic styles! Fun listening
-Kora

PascalPalomino responds:

Thanks for listening and for commenting. I wasn't shure with the pitch bending effect on the brass to but I decided to keep it. Thanks again and good job with the music on soundcloud

Ocean Dawn Ocean Dawn

I enjoyed it! I'm not sure how many vocal layers you're using but I think you can really afford to bring them out, but that's just stylistic. It would really be a different song if the voice was brought to the front. There's a lot of creative ideas in this piece, I'm actually very fond of it!

IvyPoison responds:

^^ I'm glad you enjoyed it, there is about 3 voice parts in this piece. Although I was thinking that, but I didn't want the voices to be a distraction from everything else that brought this song to life.